Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Grayson's Kindergarten Graduation!



I am so excited because my son graduates from kindergarten tomorrow! I am going to give him this card and tape some money inside for him! He absolutely loves stamping so I know he will like this card (especially the money part lol).

I didn't have one single graduation stamp in my vast collection (gasp!) so I thought I would give a digi image a try. I am still on the fence on the digi images. They have pros and cons. Here is what I have found so far.

Pros

  1. Instant gratification
  2. Cheaper than rubber
  3. Takes up less space then rubber

Cons

  1. You will waste some cardstock trying to print it out right the first few times
  2. You can't emboss with them
  3. Don't lose the file otherwise you will have to buy it again
  4. have to be careful when re-sizing as the lines distort
  5. Although they are cheaper than rubber the cost can still add up as I paid about $3 for this one image.
  6. Must heat set the printer ink so it does not bleed

I think I would be more inclined to use more digi images if they had a subscription where you could pay so much per month or year to use all of their images.

Have you used digi images? If you have let me know what you think? I am always curious to hear more.

Recipe for card

  • basic black cs
  • whisper white cs
  • digi image (Ian from The Greeting Farm)
  • copics
  • nestabilities classic circle large
  • dimensionals
  • photo corner punch

1 comment:

  1. This is a fantastic card!! I too am on the fence about these digi images. Thanks for sharing your feelings on this topic ... thought I was the only one!!

    ReplyDelete